employees, residents, businesses, and the communities we serve. As always, we remain available to assist you.
How to Protect Yourself and Others –
– There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
– The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
– The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
» Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
» Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
» These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
» COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
– If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Limit contact with others as much as possible.
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Put distance between yourself and other people.
» Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
» This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.